Bathtub Refinishing FAQ
1. I have a fiberglass tub . Can you refinished that?.
Yes, A fiberglass tub can also be reglazed with no problems. A Plastic bathtub like this is even a better candidate for restoration.
the reason why is that We can easily sand the surface better that in a Porcelain or cast iron bathtub.
2. Should I considered bathtub refinishing instead of replacement.
I would not not only say " consider" but is definitely the best option. Now you might say , Oh yes what can i say if i am in the
bathtub and tile restoration business. But here are some very good reason why it is better to reglaze the tub than replaze it.
1. Price wise is not even close in comparison . $ 330 to $450 price of most tubs we do. $ 2000 to $ 3000 price to replace a tub.
Most homeowners do not know all the work involved in the replacement of a bathtub.
2. Fast service. Most tubs get one in one day and are ready to be used the next day if needed.
3. Virtually no mess in the house.
4. No need to do any plumbing work.
5. Durability with today's coatings of much better quality You can easily expect the refinishing to last 9 to 11 years.
These are just some of the reasons why re-glazing is always better that replacing. Replacement of a tub should be the last option , this when the tub is beyond restoration and that usually happens one in a thousand tubs. Finally do our Mother earth a favor , don't send those big nice tubs to the landfill.
3. Do I have to do anything special before you arrive.
Yes , have the check ready , Please. Clearly a joke , but ....... if I tell you. About the things you can do to be ready here are some of the most important ones.
1. remove all personal things from the bathroom. Towels , Tooth Brushes , hair brushes . shampoo bottles, etc.
2. Make sure faucet is not dripping. Make sure there is electricity and water on. Make sure the drain is not clogged .
Make sure there in no other work planned in the bathroom.
4. Are you license and insured.
Yes , We have been in business for 15 years and 30% of our work is commercial work , where is always required .
5. What type of tub can you refinished with this process.
A. I would say all type of tubs , but to be a little safer would say instead " most tubs"; Meaning Cast Iron Tubs, Clawfoot Tubs, Soaking Bathubs. Jacuzzis, Porcelain Bathtubs, Acrylic tubs, Fiberglass Tubs, etc,, etc,,,
6. How will my bathtub look when my tub is done
Your bathtub will look like new, yes I am not saying your tub would look " new" but " like new" At first right after is done most people would assume that something was done to the tub and not necessarily that is a new tub. The reason is that it would look very Bright White. Very Clean, Very glossy.
7. How long will this work take.
Most regular tubs we do take between 3 to 6 hours, this depending if the tub was refinished before and needs to be stripped fisrt or if there is some other damaged than needs to be repaired .
8. How Long the reglazing Last.
for personal experience can tell you it easily last between 9 to 11 years. Not bad at all for this price.
9. Is the same material?
I think we all know what is the answered to this question, but here is mine anyway. As much as we would like to buy the Home Depot Kit for $30 and apply it in 30 minutes and be done and forget about the tub reglazing for the next 10 years , or maybe 6 years or 6 months or maybe 6 weeks if don't use it a lot , but to be surer i would say 3 weeks. This is not going to happened. I every single week get calls from homeowners , saying just that. ' I did myself the refinishing from a home depot kit 3 weeks ago and now is peeling". Please, do yourself a favor Do Not try this at home. Honestly, there are many, many, many other things your could try to do at home and save money, but believe me the Bathtub Restoration is not one of those in that list. But if you decide to try it anyway and it fails , here is the deal. 1. Mention that you read question number 10 . take a picture of you doing it . Save the home Depot Kit Receipt and. I will give you up to $50 discount credit of what your paid for the kit.
11. Can a fiberglass / acrylic bathtub be repaired .
The answer is Yes. You could save literally thousands repairing a damaged plastic tub than replacing it.
NEW CLIENTS RECEIVE
OUR REFINISHING SERVICE INCLUDE:
Virginia Bathtub Refinishing © 2014 - 2018 Web-Site Design: Mycompu.com INC